Other Racing Daytona Drivers
Many sources credit individuals with having driven Dodge Charger
Daytonas in ARCA, NASCAR and/or USAC. Most agree on the details they
provide, thereby lending a certain level of credibility to each
other and themselves through consensus. On the other end of the spectrum
are the sources that are obviously in error - information they provide is
dubious at best and can be disregarded immediately. The information
discovered about the cars and drivers below falls somewhere in-between; it
is incomplete, but has enough credibility to warrant being presented here.
If and when more details are located about these cars and drivers, the
Aero Warriors site will be updated to include them.
- Ron Kesolowski #88 - Kesolowski is credited in
a 1989 issue of the Winged Warriors/National B-Body Owners
Association (WW/NBOA) newsletter with driving a Daytona, and no
other information is available.
- Bud Moore #1 - Racing Champions issued a Bud Moore 1/64
scale blue and gold Daytona several years ago. It is assumed that
their research was thorough enough to assure that this is a valid
car/driver combination. According to Racing Champions, the car was owned by
A. J. King and was sponsored by King Enterprises. This car may have been
driven on the west coast.
- John Sears #4 - 1989 WW/NBOA newsletter reference.
- Don Tarr #99 - 1989 WW/NBOA newsletter reference.
- Sal Tovella #11 - 1989 WW/NBOA newsletter reference.
- Frank Warren #79 - 1989 WW/NBOA newsletter reference.